Senecio Fun run/walk/wheel 2016
Senecio is proud to present its seventh annual Fun Run
Online pre-entries are recommended to ensure an early start on the day. Pre-entries and will close on 25 May 2015. Late entries will still be accepted on the day.
Walkers and Runners have a choice between 5km and 10km. The longer, 10 km route includes some challenging hill climbing, whereas the shorter route is easier and suitable for all ages. As it is a working farm no dogs are allowed. The route provides a rare treat as you go through vineyards alongside the Lourens River with breathtaking views of the Helderberg Mountains on the one side and the ocean on the other. Water will be available on the route.
Wheelchair users using off road chairs are welcome to complete the 5km route followed by the walkers and runners. This gravel route contours through the orchards and vineyards with a comfortable downhill towards the finish. For wheelchair users in day chairs and power chairs, there is a paved and tarred route available through the beautiful wine estate which follows a different course and is relatively flat and easy.
PrizesThere will be medals for the first 800 to finish and the first three to finish in each category will be eligible for gift hampers. All participants can enter into the lucky draw that will take place directly after the event.
- Online entries close on 24 May at 24h00. NNo late online pre-entries will be possible but entries on the day will still be accepted between 7h00 and 7h45. Please bring along cash to enter.
- 2. Please note that there is only one public access route into Lourensford Wine Estate. Follow the instructions of the traffic marshals to ensure free flow of traffic and accessible parking for everybody. Your early arrival will minimise congestion.
- Refreshments will be for sale. The Lourensford Market will also be open from 10:00 Ė donít miss it!
- Participants will not receive numbers. You will receive a colour coded bandit to indicate for which event you registered.
- Participants must obey the instructions of the marshals and officials at all times.
- Cut off time for all races will be at 11h00.
- No private vehicles, bicycles or dogs will be allowed on the route. Exceptions will be made for people with disabilities using guide dogs.
- There will be water points on the route but it is recommended that walkers bring additional water if the day is very hot. Remember hats and sunscreen.
- All wheelchair users must supply their own wheelchairs.
- The organisers reserve the right to allocated prizes at their discretion.
- Participants take part in the event at their own risk. Neither Senecio or Lorensford Wine Estate nor its officers or members accept responsibility for any loss, injury or damage that participants may sustain whilst engaged in any activity while on Lourensford Wine Estate during or after the event.